Veterinary Specialty Appointments and Emergency Care
Thank you for placing your trust in our medical team. To help you navigate care for your pet, we have outlined our procedures below for different types of appointments. All Ethos hospitals are following CDC and local guidance to ensure the safety of all involved. Please click the link below to learn what you should do on, or before arrival at our hospital.
Please click the link or scroll down for the scenario that applies to you:
- Is this a life-threatening Emergency?
- It’s not life-threatening, but my pet needs medical attention and I don’t have an appointment
- I am here for an appointment
If your pet is suffering from any of the symptoms of a life-threatening emergency, please follow the instructions below:
Before you Arrive:
- Please call ahead and let us know what symptoms you are seeing.
- Keep track of time and frequency of the activity. For example: “he started vomiting at 10am, he vomited 3 times … at 10:15 am there was blood in the vomit.”
- If your pet ate something toxic, please bring the packaging, or remaining (uneaten) item.
- Please make sure you have your pet’s leash and collar, or make sure he/she is safely inside a carrier.
When You Arrive:
- Head straight to the main door with your pet when you arrive.
- The technician who evaluates your pet will determine whether or not your pet needs to be brought in for treatment immediately.
- A member of our team will ask you to fill out a Client Registration form, triage your pet and provide instructions for next steps.
Your Pet’s Life is Not in Imminent Danger, but he/she needs Medical Attention, and you don’t have an Appointment:
If your pet is in stable, non-critical condition, but needs to be seen by a doctor, please call 508-319-2117 to have your pet seen at Boston West.
Please make sure you have your pet’s leash and collar, or make sure he/she is safely inside a carrier when you arrive. Please wear a mask at all times while indoors.
When You Arrive:
- When you arrive, please park your car and text us with your space number (or the make/model/color) of your car, and your pet’s first and last name.
- A member of our team will ask you to fill out a Client Registration form and provide instructions for next steps.
You are Here for your Pet’s Appointment
Please don’t forget your pet’s leash and collar, or make sure he/she is safely inside a carrier. Please wear a mask at all times while indoors.
When you Arrive:
- When you arrive, please park and call us to let us know you’re here.
- A member of our team will let you know whether your exam room is available or if there will be an additional wait, and provide instructions for next steps.
If you are here for a medication pickup, or you are here to pick up your pet’s ashes, please come inside to the front desk, or if you prefer, please text us with the make and model of your car, and a member of our team will provide curb-side service.