Healthy Doggie Pancakes
These pancakes are 100% dog friendly and make the perfect treat for a pancake flipping feast!
- 1 ripe Banana
- ¼ cup Blueberries
- 2 tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp. Melted Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup Almond Milk (Unsweetened, xylitol free)
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Preheat a small frying pan or skillet on medium heat with a very small amount of coconut oil (just enough to coat pan).
- Peel banana and place into a clean blow – mash with fork until nearly a puree texture.
- Add blueberries to bowl, then coconut oil, then chia seeds, mixing well after each.
- Add almond milk and stir – allow to sit, undisturbed, for at least 5 minutes to allow chia seeds to bloom.
- Slowly combine flour into mixture until batter texture is reached.
- Using a large spoon, pour small amount of batter into the heated frying pan. Note: treats should not be larger than a silver dollar.
- Allow pancakes to cook until bubbles stop forming on uncooked batter on top, then flip pancake and allow to finish cooking until steam stops rising.
- Allow time to cool and serve with love to your pups!
A Special Treat for National Pancake Day!
March 12th is National Pancake Day and in celebration of the delicious day, treat your pup to these healthy, but hearty, recipe of puppy pancakes!
Written by: Marissa Ann Portillo, BS, RLATG, CM